Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University Logo

Residence Permit Transfer Application

Transfer Application

All students’ residence permit applications are required to be delivered to the International Office, as we’re required to deliver the applications to the Immigration Office instead of students.

1st Step: Make an Application

  1. Go to the following website to make an application:
  2. Click “I lodge a transfer application for residence permit”
  3. Click “I would like to lodge an application for transfer”
  4. Fill the application form (Make sure you write all the information right.) (Make sure you enter all needed information correctly)

2nd Step: Submit the application file to the International Office

Prepare all the required documents and submit them to the International Office.

            Required Documents:

  1. Online application form (
  2. Copy of your passport (Page/Pages containing ID information)
  3. Photocopy of The Last Entrance Stamp
  4. Photocopy of The Visa (a printout if it is electronic. If the applicant is from a country that does not require visa, this process is not required.)
  5. Photocopy of The Previous Residence Permit (for the extension and the transfer applications)
  6. 4 biometric photograph
  7. Health insurance
  8. Students Certificate (You can take it from Student Affairs. Please do not forget to mention that you take it to apply for residence permit.)
  9. Receipt of the Payment for residence card – 125 TL (You can either pay it online by credit card or go to any tax office.)
  10. Address Form (You should fill sections about you in Turkish.)
  11. SGK Declaration (You should fill sections about you in Turkish.)
  12. Notification Document (You should fill sections about you in Turkish.)
  13. Income statement (You should fill sections about you in Turkish.)

After you submit your application to the International Office, it may take from 1 month up to 3 months to receive your residence permit. You will receive an SMS saying that your residence permit has been sent to the address. When the university receives it , you will be notified via student e-mail.

3rd Step: Take your residence permit

After receiving the e-mail, please go to the International Office to receive your residence permit.

Important Notes:

  • If you are a transfer student from another city of Turkey, you should inform the Immigration Office by bringing the student certificate personally within 10 days.
  • If you have transferred to another university within the same city, you must inform the Immigration Office within 20 days.
  • In the case of graduation from the university, the government allows you to make an application for the short term residence permit.
  • In case of freezing the registration, your residence permit will be canceled. On these terms , you need to make a transfer application.
  • In case of changing the passport, changing marital status or changing address, you must inform Istanbul Provincial Directorate of Migration Management within 20 working days.